- Trailer: Japanese trailer
- What it’s about: The Umanohone is one of the many bookstores in Japan selling manga, light novels, and doujins (even the dirty ones). More importantly, it’s home to a wide range of characters with their own particular appreciation for the industry, from an aspiring manga writer to a girl obsessed with zombie-media.
- Why you should watch it: Denki-gai is a slice-of-life comedy show focusing on relationship humour and raunchy jokes at the expense of the more easily-embarrassed members of the cast. It’s pretty trope-heavy and shamelessly pokes fun at the manga/anime industry and its otaku fanbase, but never gets mean about it. There’s also a surprising amount of time set aside for romantic developments between the characters. In all, it’s a light, fluffy comedy to relax with between heavier fare.
- Caveats: The brand of comedy is made pretty clear in the first episode and doesn’t move away from that. So you can pretty safely decide whether to continue just based on that.
- Similar works: Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun, Working!!